Saturday, April 28, 2007

Law of Attraction: Weight Loss Update

Ok, well, while I was sick and grieving, I decided I really need to just let go of the weight loss thing and not worry about it. I tried to remind myself that once you Ask, you just need to Believe, and be prepared to Receive. Sometimes your mind gets in the way, and you don't let the Law of Attraction work, because you are thinking too much about it. So I just thought...God, please help me be healthy, and I let go. I didn't think about eating carbs or not eating carbs. I didn't worry about much really. I also promised myself I'll only get on the scale once a week. So what are the results? Well, I not only lost the weight I had gained, but I finally broke my plateau barrier and went down 3 lbs below it!!! Yippeee!!

Now, the temptation is...once you have a taste of success to try to control it, to try to enhance it somehow. Nope...I'm not gonna do it. I'm just going to keep myself open to receiving. I only could exercise twice this week, because I still am coughing and having breathing trouble, but I think whatever I'm doing is ok. So I'm not going to overanalyse it here or in my head. I just give it up to the Universe, to God...make me healthy please, and help me to be free and balanced.

A lot of critics who don't understand the Law of Attraction or The Secret, complain that it does not focus at all on actions required of the person. What I have learned is actually this is the place where most trip up. If you believe your actions can control the outcome, then you begin trying to control the process. If you try to control the process, then you haven't truly given it to the Universe and God to handle for you. Part of why it works is that we stop obsessing about the thing we want/don't want, and just allow it to happen. If my body needs exercise, and the Universe wills it, I will be motivated and exercise. So far so good. I personally want to exercise 5 days a week and am capable of that...but I wasn't losing weight at all while I was doing it before I got sick. Maybe something in my body was off balance. So I'm just listening to what my body tells me, not obsessing, trying to let balance happen without my hand on the controls. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: