Sunday, April 8, 2007

The Secret and those around you

One issue I have with The Secret, is what do you do if the people around you are negative, or are having their own desires that are counter to your own. Whose desires are right/wrong in the eyes of God? How does he choose whose desires to fulfill?

Here's an interesting example. My friend who was staying with me a few days, kept saying there was snow in the forecast. I told her, just hope for no snow. So we woke up Saturday morning and it was snowing, and pretty hard, so it did worry us her flight might be delayed. We had made plans to go to a local diner that is known for breakfast...but when we got there it was packed and a fifteen minute wait. I was pretty annoyed, because my friend just wanted to go straight to the airport. I knew there wasn't anyplace in the airport that was good for breakfast. Oh well I thought, so we headed off for the airport. On the way, I told her we'd all been way too negative, and we should just be grateful and ask that the snow stop, the sun to shine, and some pleace decent to go to breakfast. About a block from the airport, we notice to our left, a Golden Corral. My friend says, "Let's go there!". So we went to the Golden Corral, and the snow was still coming down. After about 45 minutes, we went to leave, and the sun was shining, and the temperature had rose about 10 degrees. We both looked at each other and laughed. The Secret had worked, but not until we both wanted the same thing!

I guess we could infer that the Secret, or Law of Attraction is especially powerful if people are asking for the same thing together. But what to do, if you don't realize that you and the people you care about aren't on the same page? Share the secret! That's what I did with my friend, and I'm hoping others will do. The more we discuss our hopes and dreams with each other, and how we will achieve them through faith and gratitude, then more will happen for everyone!

No comments: