Thursday, April 12, 2007

Emotional Scale- from Jerry-Esther Hicks

The book Ask and it is Given, by Esther and Jerry Hicks has several processes for helping you to move upward on the emotional scale. Scholars of the Secret, Law of Attraction, etc...focus on the fact that we are more able to receive and succeed if we are in a positive emotional state. Being able to identify where you are on the emotional scale, and knowing the processes to move your way back to the top toward empowerment and joy is critical. I'm studying the processes now. I highly recommend the book, but must say the audio version of the processes is not worth purchasing, because the "reader"/audio person is not very good, and it's basically just a reading of the book without any special production value. So stick with the book. Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Ask-Given-Jerry-Hicks/dp/1401907997/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8223795-9392847?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176404333&sr=8-1

Here is the emotional scale, and I will be posting some of the strategies I find helpful:
Emotional Scale
Joy- knowledge,empowerment,freedom,love,appreciation
Passion
Enthusiasm-eagerness, happiness
Positive Expectation belief
Optimism
Hopefulness
Contentment
Boredom
Pessimism
Frustration
Overwhelmment
Disappointment
Doubt
Worry
Blame
Discouragement
Anger
Revenge
Hatred-rage
Jealousy
Insecurity-guilt,unworthiness
Fear-Grief, Powerlessness, despair, depression

I'm going to spend the next few days noting where I am on the scale and trying to assess how to pull myself up toward Joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a
coworker who had been doing a little homework on this.
And he in fact ordered me lunch simply because I
found it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!
! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about
this subject here on your web site.
Feel free to surf my web blog santa monica apartment