Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Law of Attraction and other people

Recently, I've been wondering about the power of the law of attraction and how if you want something, and a person wants something diametrically opposed to what you want, who wins the equation. Here's a for instance. I had to put my son in a private school, because he was too advanced for public school and they didn't have gifted services until second grade. So we put him in the private school, which costs a fortune, but it was worth it for his education. Well this year he became eligible for the gifted public magnet school. Here is the catch. He didn't want to change schools. I tried to cajole him and tell him how exciting it would be to be with other smart kids and have fun...etc...but he really wasn't impressed. We went to the school, he took the tests. He didn't get in. I called the school, they said he missed it by like one point on one of the tests, which is so ridiculous (especially when they claim they don't just look at the tests). Anyway, at first I was pretty devastated...it would have meant a lot more money in our savings to buy a house, etc. I was like, how could God, the Universe do this to me...I had wanted it quite fervently. I thought about it intensely for a few days, trying to make sense. Then I think I finally GOT it. My son just wants to be happy....his happiness is at his current school. I forgot that he also has the power to make the law of attraction work for him. At the end of the day, he got what he wanted for his happiness. I thought, but what about my happiness....for a minute...then I realized...I should want what makes him happy. Maybe it boils down to this...with the Law of Attraction...it's more likely you will achieve what you want if any other people involved are wanting the same thing. There was no way I could sell my son on the other school...the facilities were old, his friends weren't there, and I just couldn't convince him. Now I just need to focus on getting the money for the school and the new house!! We all want the same things now, so maybe it WILL go our way:-)

No comments: