Saturday, May 12, 2007

Going in Circles with the issue of control...

A fundamental part of The Secret or the Law of Attraction is to ask and then believe. In the act of faith and believing, we have to give up the concept of controlling. Yes, we are creating our own destiny through acts of free will, but we wouldn't accomplish anything without the help of the universe, God, your higher power, whatever you want to call it. I have grown up in life to be a control freak...at least when it comes to certain things. In other parts of my life, I totally give up control, but not in a good way...not in a positive way. I try to control what people think of me constantly, I try to influence their opinions, try to convince people what I want is what they want. It's all very destructive in the end and pushes people away...so I've learned the hard way over and over again.

I know if I adhere to the Law of Attraction, and just have faith, then what I truly desire will come to pass. My challenge is that some of these actions are such a contradiction to my personality, that I've been having actual health problems from it. It's like I'm denying who I am, and therefore suppressing powerful emotions, desires, and actions. How can I let go, when my whole life has been about hanging on and controlling things?

I'll continue trying to learn and let go...what are those lyrics from 38 Special, "Just Hold On Loosely, but don't let go, If you cling to tightly, you're gonna lose control."

No comments: